Doubtless the Indian mainland has a plethora of places to visit, and incredible ones too, but lets get out of there, and just unwind in the scenic seas as seen from the Lakshadweep Islands.
One can easily travel to these beautiful islands by connecting flights or by cruises. There are many hotels and other cozy options to accommodate you here too. The Laskhadweep are a group of 36 coral islands, perfect for your vacations, that give you a feel as if you are holidaying at the Bahamas or Hawaii. So plan your next trip to this amazing archipelago and here is a list of places that you absolutely must visit:
- Kavaratti Islands – We will start from the capital. Kavaratti islands bring you white coral-sand beaches, calm and soothing lagoons and a lot of breath-taking scenes. There is also a lot of greenery and the place is definitely a nature-lover’s paradise. There is also the marine museum here with all its exotic fishes and aquatic species. It is also well connected to the nearby islands, so as to make your tour the easier.
2. Minicoy Island – It is also known as Maliku in the local language. Scenery and scenery is what everything is about here. The turquoise blue sea, excellent beach and ample relaxing options just provide the best romantic get-away. Welcome to the second largest island at Lakshadweep. You can also visit the historic lighthouse here.
3. Kadmat Island – Kadmat is your place if you want to enjoy water sports, adrenaline rush activities and taste the local flavor through exploring the local spices and other products. The island is also popular for sun-bathing, and houses a beautiful lagoon surrounded by coral reefs.
4. Bangaram Island – It is a small, picturesque destination in Lakshadweep. You can enjoy a walk around the entire length of the island, swim with the colorful fishes or just relax on the milky white sands. Bangaram also offers scuba-diving.
5. Agatti Islands – Agatti has mesmerizing flora and fauna – attractive lagoons with coral froths and unique fishes. The island also offers scuba-diving activities and is worth a visit.
6. Kalpeni Islands – It is made up of a group of three beautiful islands. Come here for excellent water sports and adventure activities. Or you can also just laze around and enjoy the scenery.
7. Andretti Island – It is the largest of the islands in Lakshadweep and is closest to the Indian mainland. Spending time here could be very relaxing and if you are lucky enough, you might be able to spot various aquatic animals including octopuses. Andretti Island is also famous for some Buddhist archaeological remains and the tomb of Saint Hazrat Ubaidullah. However, foreign tourists are not allowed to visit this island. Unlike the other islands, Andretti islands are in east-west direction.
8. Amindivi Islands – This is one of the most habited islands in the Lakshadweep Union Territory. The place is famous for its local products, especially the coconut choir products and the markets. If you want to explore the local culture and mingle with it, walk into the exotic Amindivi.
Well, that’s all, and probably enough to fill your trip with adventures, memories and of course beauty too.
Therefore, le voila – Bon voyage!
By – Abhipsa Mohanty